Manuals / Tools
The NIVR creates simple and easy manuals, handbooks, examples and textbooks based on research results and provides them to personnel in charge of vocational rehabilitation, employers, persons with disabilities, etc. It also creates tools for vocational assessment and work guidance.
Recent research results are listed here.
- Workplace Readaptation Total Package for Persons with Mental Disabilities or Higher Brain Dysfunction (techniques / tools for vocational assessment / guidance are packaged together with training programs)
- Health Management Handbook for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities
- Personal Computer User Support Manual for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities "Work and Personal Computer"
"Work and Personal Computer" is available in the market.
- Work Support Handbook for Youths with Learning Disabilities
- Assessment Technique Handbook for Vocational Rehabilitation
- Work Challenge Program for Vocational Rehabilitation (Prototype) -Teaching Materials-
- Work Support Guidebook for Youth with Mild Developmental Disabilities
- A Manual for Employment Supports of People with Intractable Diseases
- Work Support Guide for Employer and Youth with pervasive developmental disorder (Autism and Asperger's syndrome, etc.)
- Guidebook for acquiring and using information in community work supports
- A practical handbook of the work support for schizophrenic person
- A guidebook of consultation in public employment security office for persons with mental disabilities
- Work Support Checklist
Work Support Checklist For Vocational Trainees
Work Support Checklist For Employees
Guidance of Practical Use for Work Support Checklist
- Useful vocational consultation of persons with disabilities to public employment security office is consulting auxiliary sheet
- A hand book for effective usage of MWS (Makuhari Work Sample)
- A hand book for effective usage of MSFAS (Makuhari Stress Fatigue Assessment Sheet)
- Consultation support sheet for persons with cognitive disorder
- For understanding and utilization of the total package to promote adaptation to the work place
- To support employment of persons with intractable diseases
- To support employment of aphasic persons guideline for job support for the employer and aphasic persons
- A guidebook for employing and managing persons with mental disabilities
- Test of Emotion Recognition by Facial Expressions and/or Tone - Basic version - (software)
- Job retention support for persons with disabilities -A handbook for employment support institutions-
- Workplace Communication Skills Improvement Seminar (Draft) - SST Manuals -
- Employment of Persons with Disabilities in Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises point by point
- ....Guidance for Employment Support to connect Youth Support Institutions and Vocational Rehabilitation Institutions.... For Employment Support of Persons with Developmental Disabilities who Utilizes Youth Support Institutions
- For the Enlargement of Vocational Area of Office Work for Persons with Visual Disabilities within an Enterprise
- Cooperative work supports for persons with Mental Disability in medical and labor fields
This leaflet summarizes role sharing and points of cooperation utilizing specialties of various institutions/professions in the fields of psychiatric medical treatment and labor towards the common goal of support for compatibility between disease management and working life to persons with Mental Disability in various institutions and professionals in both fields. We created this guidebook based on the results of the surveys concerning effective measures, etc., in each field discussed in Research Report No.122 "Research Related to Current Status and Problem of Employment Support at Employment Support Institutions to Persons with Disability who are Highly Difficult to Get Employed -Mainly for Mental Disability and intractable diseases-."
- Cooperative work supports for intractable disease patients in medical and labor fields
This guidebook summarizes role-sharing, points of cooperation, and specific check items in the support among institutions/professionals in the fields of health and medical treatment, and labor related to intractable diseases utilizing their specialties for the common purpose to support compatibility between disease management and working life of intractable disease patients. We created this guidebook based on the results of the surveys concerning effective measures, etc., in each field discussed in Research Report No.122 "Research Related to Current Status and Problem of Employment Support at Employment Support Institutions to Persons with Disability who are Highly Difficult to Get Employed -Mainly for Mental Disability and intractable diseases-."
- Workplace Communication Skills Improvement Seminar - Partnership Training Manuals -
Workplace Communication Skills Improvement Seminar aims to improve 3 skills including individual and entire workplace communication skills, skills of supporting persons with disabilities, and leadership skills of STT, and consists of 3 different training courses including STT training, partnership training (theory and explanation), and leaders partnership. This manuals present the summary of the lectures and supplementary explanation of the partnership training course (theory) as well as the textbooks tentatively used in the course. This is recommended to be used along with the existing manuals "Workplace Communication Skills Improvement Seminar (draft) - SST Manuals -."
- Reference Book of Employment Support for Persons with Developmental Disability (Problem and Examples of Measures)
This book classifies and organizes the problems of vocational lives of persons with Developmental Disability in terms of employment support, and summarizes the methods of support that supporters can use against each problem based on questionnaire and reference surveys. As it presents methods of support that are actually used against problems in vocational life, we would like to recommend those involved with employment support for persons with Developmental Disability at local career support organizations to use this book as a reference regarding support.
- Employment Support for Recovery - A Manual for Employment Supporters -
This manual is highly recommended as summarizes the following main points based on the results of "Practical Case Example Survey regarding Reducing Fatigue of Employees with Mental Disability and Developmental Disability" for Employment and Life Support centers and "Research on the Needs for Employment Support regarding Reducing Fatigue Caused by Mental Illness" for families, from a viewpoint of supporting recovery of employees with Mental Disability and Developmental Disability.
1. Promoting consideration and required support for employers in order to reduce fatigue of employees with Mental Disability (comorbidity included)
2 Information check sheet and support methods regarding health issues such as Alimentary Therapeutics for employees with disabilities and their request in terms of employment
3. Important aspects and support methods with regard to reducing fatigue of employees and continuation of work supported by their families
4. Educational Hospitalization
- In order to continue the employment for persons who are diagnosed with early-onset dementia (April 2016)(Japanese Link)
Basic knowledge concerning early-onset dementia that is not yet recognized with the right understanding was reviewed with the aim of having common understanding for the entrepreneurs and supporters. Moreover, several examples of the actual cases of the continued employment, the way to correspond at the workplace, points for employment management and the main employment support services, etc., are introduced here. Therefore the anticipated use of this research is to be used as a reference to approach the continued employment for persons who are diagnosed with early-onset dementia.
- Features of the employment of persons with mental disabilities from the "corporations' perspective" (April 2016)(Japanese Link)
The tasks were investigated for both employment of persons with mental disabilities and having workers to return to workplaces after leave due to their mental health issues at corporations. In addition, the research was also undertaken concerning the relationships between the correspondence to persons with mental health issues and the employment of persons with mental disabilities. Based on this analysis, the corporations were divided into six groups and for each group, suggestions were attempted to be offered concerning the countermeasures to support corporations at the time of the employment promotion of persons with mental disabilities. The anticipated use of this booklet is to be used as a reference by both the individuals involved with the employment of persons with disabilities at corporations and the individuals at support institutions involved with the employment support for corporations.
- A primer of employment supports for persons with disabilities and diseases - For the inclusive society where everyone can participate in the society through occupation (April 2017)(Japanese Link)
While considering the fact that the number of people involved in employment support for persons with disabilities is increasing due to a more inclusive society, we summarized the common goals that should be shared across fields/institutions/occupations (Why?), points of employment support (How?) and hints of specific efforts that make use of each expertise (What?). We hope that this would be utilized by the professionals, individuals, and business owners etc. who have various backgrounds and need to be engaged in employment support for persons with disabilities for the first time, as well as for the experienced people who are engaged in addressing new issues which are difficult to cope with in conventional ways.
- Test of Emotion Recognition by Facial Expressions and/or Tone - New version - (Software installation DVD)(April 2017)(Japanese Link)
Test of Emotion Recognition by Facial Expressions and/or Tone New Version consists of two tests ("Basic emotions assessment version" which evaluates characteristics when inferring emotions from tones and faces which express basic emotions (happy/sad/angry/disgust) and "Pleasantness-unpleasantness level assessment version" which evaluates characteristics regarding emotion inference from ambiguous emotional expression). It is expected that the usage of this test allows people to clarify difficulties of judging another person's emotions from non-verbal information such as tones and faces as well as characteristics of emotion inference, and furthermore to be useful for discussing communication support.
- Handbook: Supported Employment(April 2017)(Japanese Link)
This is a translated version of "Handbook: Supported Employment" by the International Labour Organization (ILO) and the World Association for Supported Employment (WASE) in 2014. Supported Employment focuses on their ability (what they can do) not the disability (what they cannot do), and supports both people with disabilities and employers. This has been developed not only in Japan but also in other countries around the world as a universal way of disability employment support. In this handbook, examples of efforts in other countries are introduced and it will be a reference for people who support "the rights for persons with disabilities to work equally with other people" as stated in the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities.
- Information exchange manual of employment support and psychiatric medical care(April 2017)(Japanese Link)
Viewpoints and methods for contributing to effective information exchange, information-sharing and cooperation between employment support and psychiatric medical care are stated in this manual in an easy-to-understand form. Specific methods to make inquiries from employment support institutions to medical institutions, points to keep in mind when discussing topics between employment support institutions and medical institutions and how to prepare "written opinions of doctors in charge" specifically for psychiatrists etc. are introduced, and it is therefore an essential document for people who are working both in employment support and psychiatric medical care.