- No.20 Development of Comprehensive Work Support Technology for Expanding the Occupational Field for Persons with Severe Disabilities - No.3 - Development of a Windows 95 Screen Reading Software for Visually-impaired Persons (October 1997) (Japanese Link)
- Following No.16, the report summarizes the result of the second prototype of a Windows screen reading software (for Windows 95) for visually-impaired persons. It finished as practical software that it was put into the market under the product name "95 Reader".
- No.19 Study on the Problems on Vocational Guidance of Persons with "Learning Disability" (March 1997) (Japanese Link)
- The document refers to the concept of "learning disability" and some problem on vocational guidance by case study.
- No.18 Continued Employment of Persons with Adventitious Visual Impairment and Utilization of Support Devices (March 1997) (Japanese Link)
- Continued employment of persons with adventitious visual impairment is in an extremely difficult situation, showing quite a few cases of complete resignation of their past vocational careers. Nevertheless, the research examines and reviews the issues of continued employment of persons with adventitious visual impairment and the countermeasures, with a focus on the utilization of support devices.
- No.17 Study on the Educational Training Program for Enhancing Job Seeking Skills of Persons with Psychiatric Disabilities (March 1997) (Japanese Link)
- The study gives a trial use of the "Job Club", where persons with psychiatric disabilities receive support for obtaining ordinary employment and for doing job seeking activities such as job interviews, and explores the possibility of applying the program in Japan. The "Job Club" is an American program utilizing Social Skills Training (SST).
- No.16 Development of Comprehensive Work Support Technology for Persons with Severe Disabilities - No.2 - (October 1996) (Japanese Link)
- The report summarizes the results of the first prototypes of a specially designed keyboard for physically disabled persons and a Windows screen reading software for visually impaired persons, which were conducted through a special research program "Study on the Development of Comprehensive Work Support Technology for Expanding the Occupational Field for Severely Disabled Persons".
- No.15 Study on the Occupational Information System for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (September 1996) (Japanese Link)
- The contents of occupational information required by intellectually-disabled persons and many use were mainly studied. As the result of study, videocassette tape for occupational information was produced.
- No.14 Study on the Development of an Evaluation System that Assists Vocational Guidance for Persons with Intellectual Disabilities (September 1996) (Japanese Link)
- This study suggest the necessity for a computer-aided evaluation system for intellectually-disabled persons, and adds a review considering evaluation of knowledge about time, money, dress and appearance as well as verbal and/or nonverbal communication. The report especially suggests training programs concerning nonverbal communication.
- No.13 Study on the Search System for Various Disabilities to Take Suitable Employment - No.1 - (July 1996) (Japanese Link)
- This is the first interim report on the research "Study on the Search System for Various Disabilities to Take Suitable Employment." The report studies many use of computer in vocational rehabilitation counseling services as well as basic reviews for establishing an search system.
- No.12 Study on the Labor Market for Persons with Disabilities (2) (October 1995) (Japanese Link)
- This is a sequel of No.4 "Study on the Labor Market for Persons with Disabilities (1)". From a viewpoint of the social system, the report describes the theory of employment for persons with disabilities, income security, manpower in sheltered workshops, and analyzes the situation of employment and unemployment of persons with disabilities in UK, Germany and France, and so on.
- No.11 Study on the Training Methods for Enhancing Work Adjustment of Persons with Disabilities - Effective Training Procedure for Interview in Seeking an Employment - (October 1995) (Japanese Link)
- Pursuing a method for effectively implementing the training of application Interview for employment, that is a part of Social Skills Training (SST), empirical studies targeting intellectually-disabled persons were performed. Using Techniques of video feedback and monitoring in addition to role-plays would enhance training effectiveness, training manual for application Interview was created.
- No.10 Empirical Study on the Utilization of the "Employment Readiness Checklist for the Disabled" (March 1995) (Japanese Link)
- The report clarifies the efficacy of using the "Employment Readiness Checklist for the Disabled" (ERCD) that come into practical use in 1987 as a reference material for the vocational rehabilitation planning, vocational evaluation, vocational guidance, decision-making, etc., and at the same time, it explains empirically that the list can be used without considering the differences of impairment and disability, verifying it by types of disability.
- No.9 Research on the Various Employment Conditions of Persons with Color Vision Defect (Final Report) (March 1995) (Japanese Link)
- The report reviews the difficulty for persons with color vision defect to secure employment, by interviews and survey for job order card, etc. The report indicates that, in addition to their disability itself, a lack of understanding is inviting further social disadvantage.
- No.8 Basic Study on the Measurement of Physical Fitness of Persons with Intellectual Disability as the Foundation of their Vocational Capability (March 1995) (Japanese Link)
- The report focuses on assessments of "physical strength" that will be a base for discussing age-associated functional changes and other important issues for future. Also, issues including desirable measurement items, methods of measurement, analysis and interpretation of data were reviewed, partially based on experimental measurement results.
- No.7 Development of Comprehensive Work Support Technology for Persons with Severe Disabilities - No.1 - (March 1995) (Japanese Link)
- This is the first interim report of a special research program "Study on the Development of Comprehensive Work Support Technology for Expanding the Occupational Field for Severely Disabled Persons". The report provides consideration of job requirements through a questionnaire survey targeting companies, the understanding of need for developing support devices for disabled persons through group interviews targeting physically disabled persons, and the trends of support technologies for disabled persons in Europe and the United States through participations in international seminars, and so on.
- No.6 Study on Career of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities - What is Indicated by Case History in Commuters' Dormitory (December 1994) (Japanese Link)
- Based on case study by interviewing method for 20 intellectually-disabled persons who live in commuters' dormitories, scheme was suggested for intellectually-disabled persons to evaluate vocational adjustment. Social independence promotion and vocational adjustment are closely related, so the report indicates these two aspects will be of consequence to scheme to measure their life careers.
- No.5 Large Companies and Employment of Persons with Disabilities (March 1994) (Japanese Link)
- The report picks up the current status of 10 large companies that are making active efforts to employ persons with disabilities, summarizing the employment situation of persons with disabilities (including reports of the quantity and quality of their employment and support system) through interviews, etc. It covers not only employment in corporate main bodies but also employment cases in their special subsidiary companies.
- No.4 Study on the Labor Market for Persons with Disabilities (1) (March 1994) (Japanese Link)
- From a macroscopic research viewpoint, the report summarizes intermediate reviews on the basic issues for employment of persons with disabilities.
- No.3 Challenges for Persons with Disabilities Observed from a Viewpoint of Vocational Difficulty (March 1994) (Japanese Link)
- Based mainly on interviews with vocational rehabilitation counselors and information offered by them, the report organizes and summarizes the issues including the following: types of disability causing the severe vocational difficulty; factors increasing or reducing the difficulty.
- No.2 Reading for Visually Impaired Persons and Clerical Occupations (March 1993) (Japanese Link)
- Based on data on novels and texts from a viewpoint of cognitive psychology, the report organizes the reading characteristics of visually impaired persons to clarify the conditions required for reading aids and other assistive devices in order to compensate for their abilities, as well as offering a prospect for visually impaired persons to make an advance into the clerical occupation field.
- No.1 Trends of Employment and Vocational Rehabilitation Policies for Persons with Disabilities in OECD Member Countries (Country Report) (December 1991) (Japanese Link)
- The report summarizes the current status and future direction of policies related to disabled persons in major OECD member countries, based on the reports from the respective countries in the expert meetings held in November 1989 and May 1990.